Guiding You Through Probate With Skill And Compassion
After a loved one passes away, settling the estate and other legal obligations can prevent you from grieving appropriately. Working with a compassionate, skilled legal ally can streamline this process, allowing you to properly attend to your loss.
At Moten & Associates, we are here to guide you through the probate process because we know how overwhelming it can be to navigate this matter alone. Keith Moten, our founding attorney, lost his parents when he was 25. He is intimately familiar with the concerns and apprehension you may have during this difficult time. We invite you to contact our team to learn how we can help.
What You Need To Know About Probate
Before you can distribute assets and property to the appropriate beneficiaries, you will need to take steps to ensure that the estate’s debts are paid, relevant parties are notified of your loved one’s passing and you identify who will be receiving what.
The probate process achieves four key objectives after a person passes away:
- “Proving the will” or determining whether a decedent’s will complies with the statutory formalities for making a will in California or Georgia
- Gathering or “marshaling” the decedent’s assets
- Paying off any debts of the estate
- Distributing assets to the heirs at law or beneficiaries of the estate
How We Can Help You
When you hire us, we help you complete all required tasks as promptly as possible. Our probate services include:
- Reviewing your loved one’s will to ensure its validity
- Identifying information you will need to gather your loved one’s assets, such as bank accounts, securities, annuities and real estate
- Securing a reputable appraiser to determine the assets’ value
- Notifying creditors of your loved one’s passing and helping you disburse the debt
- Identifying a fair approach to asset distribution to minimize the risk of probate litigation
As your advocate, we are committed to finding the most expedient manner to probate an estate. California probate laws are notoriously complex, but our lawyers have a substantial understanding of these statutes and procedures.
Attorney Moten has delivered numerous lectures on probate law in Continuing Legal Education (CLE) sessions, so you can be sure that he will leverage this insight to streamline this process.
Talk To An Understanding Lawyer About Your Concerns Today
You do not need to face probate alone. Get skilled advice when you work with us. You can learn more about the process during a consultation with us. Please email our firm or call (213) 943-1466 to arrange your appointment.